About Western Heritage Cowboy Church
Western, by definition, is "coming from the west, one that is produced in or characteristic of a western region". When you talk about the Western culture you think of a tradition of social morality; honest and decent values; time-honored customs; religious beliefs; political systems; specific works of art; and good ole 'know-how'.
Heritage is defined as something that is transmitted by or acquired from a predecessor, such as legacy, inheritance, traditions and a way of life. Putting our heritage in its rightful place is to adhere to an unyielding knowledge that the past has meaning. Being obligated to hang on to our heritage is to profit by it.
Cowboy, is not what you do, what you wear, what you drive or ride. No, it's something that an individual is deep down, within the heart and soul. It's a lifestyle. Living by an unspoken "code" where God and others come first, your word is your bond, and your hand shake tells folks that you mean what you say.
Church, a meeting place for divine worship. Yes, it's that but so much more. It's a living group of dutiful believers, woven together by fortitude, moral fiber, determination, love and a common way of thinking.
In the beautiful Texas Hill Country, you put all of this together and you have Western Heritage Cowboy Church, a one-of-a-kind church with character and integrity, uniquely designed by God. WHCC has a lively church family because of the colorful concoction of personalities and talents. We have resolved together to abide by the ‘code’ of Christ. We do that by sharing Christ and to quote the Preacher, "sometimes we get to use words."
What We Believe
* That the bible is the inspired Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16
* In one Lord, one faith, and one baptism. Ephesians 4:5
* That each person must account for himself before God. Colossians 1:14-20
* That all believers are equal. Matthew 23:8-12
* That for someone to be saved they must repent of their sins and believe on the Lord Jesus. Ephesians 2:8, Acts 4:12
* That baptism is an act of obedience, but it has no saving power. Romans 6:4, Colossians 2:12-13
* That the Lord’s Supper is a memorial. It has no saving power. Jesus said, “This do in remembrance of me.” The Lords Supper is for Christians. Luke 22:19-22, I Corinthians 11:18-26
* That a believer is secure in their salvation. Romans 8:1, John 10:28-29, John 5:24
* That Jesus is the Son of God, who died to save men. Mark 1:1
Western Heritage Cowboy Church accepts members into the Church in three ways:
* By Statement of faith – this means you have accepted Jesus Christ, been baptized by immersion, but you have no way of getting a letter from your former church.
* By Letter – This means you have accepted Jesus Christ, been baptized and are a member of another church. WHCC will write your previous church and request that they send your church membership to Western Heritage Cowboy Church.
* By Baptism – You have accepted Jesus Christ as you Savior and desire to be baptized. Deciding to accept Christ is a personal, significant decision that only you can make, no one else can make that decision for you.